Cultural center Studio ALTA in cooperation with the Czech National Heritage Institute aim to revitalize the West Wing of Invalidovna building (National and Cultural Heritage site) by setting up various activities. It is our goal to make entire facilities accessible to public, professional artists, and civil initiatives and fill it with cultural, artistic, social and community activities.
Help us bring this part of the building back to life and become a part of this exceptional place!
More about Invalidovna ant its history: https://www.invalidovna-praha.cz.
More about Studio ALTA: www.studioalta.cz.
There are two types of open calls:
- Fellow inhabitants
- Cultural and community public events
Who can apply?
We would like to provide space for sharing, creating, learning and positively influencing each other. The spaces in Invalidovna are suitable for theatre and dance shows, concerts and lectures, as a space for artistic creation and research, operation of non-profit organisations, exhibitions and community events. This call is open for all artists, artistic groups, creative professions, non-profit organisations and engaged individuals.
We will support continuous operation, one-time or repetitive events. We prefer projects, organisations and individuals who:
- Are able to adapt to the specific space of Invalidovna
- Actively search for innovative ways to spread their values in the pandemic times (online artistic forms etc.)
- In case of continuous operation will use the space the whole season (April – October), with the possibility to organize public events in the off-season (after further agreement)
What we offer
- Ateliers with various dispositions (24 m2 – 91 m2), in case of public events also other spaces – theatre, garden etc.
- Electricity (max 2000 W), water and waste collection
- Outdoor toilets, kitchen
- Maintenance and cleaning of the common spaces
- Promotion support
- Basic technical equipment for public events
- A beautiful garden and the freedom to create and work
- After further agreement the possibility to use heated ALTA room during winter for public events (the rest of the building is not heated and it is forbidden to use your own heating)
- Opening hours are 9AM – 10PM, during weekends and public holidays 10AM – 10PM. It is not possible to use the spaces beyond the opening hours.
What do we require?
- You can use the space only for cultural, artistic and social purposes
- You can use the ateliers only for creation and presentation (not as stocks etc.)
- We expect you to contribute to ALTA´s program (after further agreement)
- We expect you to coordinate your activities with the activities of ALTA and other fellow inhabitants
- Cooperation in promotion
- Financial participation on the building maintenance (fee for using the space)
- Following the internal rules
- Responsibility for the assigned space and your visitors
The conditions for providing space are dealt with on individual bases, so that they correspond to the character of activity, our abilities and principles.
How can you apply?
You can download the application form for fellow inhabitants HERE, and the application form for events HERE.
Please, e-mail the application form to email@example.com by December 31st, 2020. The results will be announced until the end of January 2021. The second round of this open call will be announced in February 2021.