10 ½ edition of the festival for Slovak performative arts will be LIVE!
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR VISITORS:
– All events are free.
– All events take place in ALTA in the premises of Invalidovna, the exact location of all events will be specified at the door.
– All visitors must present a negative antigen test or confirmation of vaccination, or a statutory declaration of regular company testing or confirmation from a general practitioner that visitor had covid in the past month.
– Children under the age of 10 do not need to provide test if they are accompanied by a family member with a negative test.
– Kids that are tested at school, please bring a declaration.
– Morning workouts and meditations are open to the public.
– Afternoon performances will take place outdoors and it is possible to watch them without a test behind the garden fence (of course we will be happy if you test yourself and join us directly in the garden).
– Evening performances (start at 7:30 PM) in the interior are only for the professional public.
– There is no need to register for events.
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Anežka Medová: email@example.com / 734219865
Lucia Kašiarová: firstname.lastname@example.org / 739615148
Whole day | Shssssh installation
10,00 – 11,30 | Morning workout with Mimo o.s.
11,30 – 12,00 | Meditation with Peter Šavel
12,00 – 14,00 | Lunch and discussion
14,00 – 16,00 | Shssssh performance + searching for balance with Martina Hajdyla Lacová and Daniel Raček
17,30 – 18,30 | Karen Foss Quiet Works & ME-SA: Man shape Revised
19,30 – 20,30 | tri4 and Milan Tomášik: Repast
Karen Foss Quiet Works & ME-SA: Man shape Revised
What is perceived as male, masculine, manliness? Playing many-facetted into the wonderment of what a MAN can be, the project is a balancing act between acts and perceptions. Created originally in 2011 as a solo for male dancer Daniel Racek, this work expands in 2019 into a double solo danced by a male and a female dancer.
What are we looking at, how do we perceive the qualities of a man, a woman, the mixt and inbetween?
Karen Foss, a Norwegian based dance-artist is wanting for people being left in peace and given respect for their personal preferences and inclinations. (Exempt use of violence.) The equalized equilibrium could be free of gender and full of humanity..?
The dance work she is interested in – is the flow of human bodies moving – unsexed, ungendered – just the wonders of the human. Being human.
A lucid fluidity found in dance and its choreographic shapes play a large part in the artistic focus. Like Mind, like Body and with Fire of the Heart.
DANCERS: Martina Hajdyla Lacová, Daniel Raček
CONCEPT AND MOVES: Karen Foss, Daniel Raček
MUSIC: Jørgen Knudsen
MUSIC AND TEXT man shape/2019: Lærke Grøndved
MUSICAL ARRANGEMENT AND PRODUCTION: Leon Muraglia
TEXT: Leon Muraglia, Lærke Grøntved and Karen Foss
LIGHT/SPACE: Sigve Sælensminde, Katarina Ďuricová
FILM: Vibeke Heide
PRODUCTION: kf Quiet Works, MESA/ Karolína Hejnová
PUBLIC FUNDING: Norwegian Foreign Ministry, Foundation for Performing Artists, Ministry of Culture Czech Republic
tri4 and Milan Tomášik: Repast
At the beginning of a theatrical-dance performance, created in collaboration between director Jakub Mudrák and choreographer Milan Tomášik, stands the word repast. The seemingly archaic word speaks of spiritual repast in contrast to the natural, necessary nourishment. Author’s testimony about our everyday life, coexistence, constant movement of thoughts and unpredictable emotions.
Choreography: Milan Tomášik
Direction, dramaturgy and sound design: Jakub Mudrák
Music: Nils Frahm
Co-created and performed by: Sabina Bočková, Lukáš Homola, Jakub Mudrák, Veronika Tőkőly
Costumes: Veronika Vartíková
Light design: Martin Hamouz
Production: tri4 o.z.
Production collaboration: Alexandra Mireková
Coproduction: Dance Teater Ljubljana (Slovenia)
Partners: Divadlo Štúdio tanca, Se.s.ta centrum choreografického rozvoje, Centrum tance, Vividdancespace
The project REPAST (Pokrm) was supported by Slovak Arts Council